sunnuntai 18. syyskuuta 2016

Night Photography – Light & Composition: Birth & Change, by Stephen Chu

As part of an urban street photography group, this summer, we headed toward the Ferry Docks for the 20 minute ride across the waters to Center Island where we planned to do a cityscape shoot at night. Memories came fast and furious as we strolled the various areas, As a child we made our annual trek to The Maze, The Pier and of course Centerville where there is ice cream and kiddie rides. As night fell we positioned ourselves along an area of water to take in the view of the city that brought life to me as I grew up. Everyone had tripods but me because I’m not a tripod kinda guy. In typical fashion to the way I like to photograph I went for the very low angle. I found some medium sized boulders on the shoreline where I set up for my slow shutter shoot using my strap to raise my camera up whilst looking at my screen, yes I love my SONY for their articulating screen, set it on a 10 second timer and voila’. I reflected on the tremendous and continued growth of my city and how it has changed. For the longest time I watched it grow and morph into the 4th largest city in North America … yes … Proud comes to mind. After several shots I was happy with one that I felt had the right colors from the CN Tower and the Rogers Center (the stadium). I headed back to my birthplace along the water knowing that next time I visit it’ll be a different skyline and yes more memories.

Birth & Change, by Stephen Chu

SONY a99 with ZEISS 24-70mm F/2.8 | Exposure 6sec @ f/11 | ISO 200 | Focal Length 60mm
We All Have to Eat, by Stephen Chu

Award Winner: Photo of the Day | September 15
Award Score: 63 (Value 11, Clarity 12, Composition 16, Style 12, Skill 12)
Photo of the Day Award Category: Night Photography
Photograph Location: Centre Island, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Photographer: Stephen Chu (Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada) Registered
‘Expressions, serendipitous, emotional, urban, beautiful, RAW, present’ … that’s what Stephen Chu says … Having lived in the USA for many years, this Toronto native returned to his hometown of Canada in 2016. As a well-traveled, past photography club event organizer he considers himself a lifelong student of the world. Unafraid and willing to try everything at least once he’s a foodie at heart loving all that is ethnic and diverse. He has a tremendous observational love for all of humanity’s quirks, foibles’ and emotions – what surrounds and encompasses society, something we call life. Purest in the sense, through his mind’s eye, he clicks at the RAW, as it happens and documents the moments that whispers in the wind. His compassion for those who possess less exceeds his own passion for reality. Ultimately he strives to imbue into his images a sense of humanity and through many years of continual training, honing his skills and practicing through the lens. As he journeys on this train, he’ll continue to strive and capture in his mind’s eye, the world and it’s never ending rotation we call life.

Website: http://www.picnchu.com
Gallery: http://ift.tt/2d0Km2Y
Facebook Page: http://ift.tt/2cRPN7f
Instagram: http://ift.tt/2d0JYBE

The post Birth & Change, by Stephen Chu appeared first on Light & Composition.



from Night Photography – Light & Composition http://ift.tt/2cRScPa
via IFTTT

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti